Saturday, July 7, 2007

Been wanting to put this clothes line up since I picked it up for free and looking forward to using it. Finally did it last weekend and I cannot express how much I LUV hanging up clothes to dry. My first load was two down comforters on July 4th. My day off. I woke up early to do the two comforters and was able to put them out in the hot morning sun. It ended up being 92 degrees that day.



There is so much peace in doing this simple task. When you get between the lines and you're surrounded by clothes hanging, it is so quiet as if you're in another world. Time slows way down and the silence surrounds you. My senses come alive and I'm mindful of the moment. I'm a simple girl and I appreciate these simple pleasures.

I read where it is good if there's a breeze in the area of the clothes line. Relieved to report I have said breeze. I'm so excited to enjoy this summer pleasure. Looks like Juju thinks it's a pretty swell place to hang out too.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

your blog feels peaceful..truly simple pleasures..thanks for the reminder about clotheslines..it is fun,,,especially when it's for special things and not EVERYTHING!LOL
take care

Anonymous said...

I was so hoping that I would have a yard this move so I could hang out all of our clothes. Instead we have a nice big deck that will have to do for some stuff :)

Beautiful pics!

MamaZuzi said...

I'm there with you lady.

Anonymous said...

I had a wonderful old clothesline at my old house that I just loved to use. I do miss it :)

The Alt Martha said...

I remember my grandmother had one of those clotheslines that was square with ropes going along each side and you could spin it around...great memories!

JuJu is so beautiful! I can just see a kitty hanging from a blanket swaying back and forth...