Thursday, October 16, 2008

Changes~

Have you ever had a panic attack? I've never had one, that I'm aware of but I often get a sense that something is about to happen. Not even something bad but just that there is about to be a change. My senses get hyper-sensitive, my thoughts race, my skin seems to pulse, my breathing seems loud even though it's not and I am very aware of my surroundings.

In order to ground myself I do a lot of cleaning, cooking, re-arranging, sorting, purging, accessorize for the season, weather permitting I make fires in the fireplace and stay pretty close to home when I'm not working.
This time I'd like to think that it's the change in the season. The colors are changing, the weather is shifting, the holiday's are approaching, we're still settling into the school year in a new school building, 3 family birthdays are approaching and I just sense it all at once. Well back to crocheting. That too keeps my mind focused.