Monday, September 13, 2010

Nesting

Wow its been a long time since I've seen this space. Summer did not go as planned. It wasn't as long as I wanted it to be. It wasn't warm enough for much of a garden this year so now I'm looking forward to the hope of next years garden. Illness in the family meant a month out of state to help care for loved ones. Needless to say, I have to urge to nest now that I am home. Big time!

I'm reading a book called "Living in Style Without Losing Your Mind". I really am learning a lot from this author. Excerpts I really like so far are:
-"Gathering and Retreat". What works in areas where people tend to gather and we all need a place of retreat.
-"Passion rules". If you really love it, go for it. Only focus on what you are passionate about. I like lots of things but what am I passionate about? I'll have to think about this one.
-"Simple". "Part of simplicity has nothing to do with paring down, but with not doing too much". "Rather, it means have what you need in order to make your house a home. No less. And no more. He says if we keep adding stuff to our house, we've lost focus of our true identity. I have major work to do in this area. The effort will be worth it. This is the area I would really love to master.

I have a couple of pictures of inspiration on my wall. I have some thoughts written down of what I'd like. I recognize what my limits are but how can I make some ideas happen within my space? I've also been keeping my eyes open for what makes my heart beat faster. Here are some Internet inspirations making me scrutinize the space and what is it that I really like about it.
Fryd + Design via decor 8

A tiny bit of heaven via decor8

I'm drawn to the light. I'm drawn to the vintage bedding. I'm drawn to the colors. I feel it.

No comments: