Tuesday, September 14, 2010

10,000 Steps

Here we are at the Tillamook Forestry Center, OR
My husband and I went to Target the other day to pick up some printer ink. Office Depot employees were locking up when we had pulled in there and didn't offer to open back up for us when we gave them the "oh man we missed it by that much" look.
So we took our chances that Target would have ink because the girl had a school paper that needed to be printed. We pulled into the Target parking lot and it was so full. Cars pulling in and driving around looking for the closest parking spot. I wasn't excited to be at Target on a Sunday afternoon because we all know its madness.



Me: Just park right here. We'll walk in. We need to get in our 10,000 steps anyways.

Jesse: What do you mean by 10,000 steps?

Me: We're supposed to get in at least 10,000 steps a day for good health. They say that if you can get in more, all the better. We're supposed to take the stairs instead of the elevator, we're supposed to park far out and walk in, take a daily walk and say even a short walk during a break can really add up the steps.

Jesse: ........(nothing- he was trapped in the wife vortex without an excuse to escape it)



So we go in, find an employee and ask him if they carry printer ink. The nice guy walks us right to it and they had everything we needed. We were out of there in record time. Walking back to the car...



Me: Where's our car? Did we park out this far?

Jesse: Yes.

Me: Are you suurrrre? (seriously I had totally forgotten where we had parked)

Jesse: Yes I'm sure. 10,000 steps suurrrre.

Me: I'm laughing out loud. The kind of bark laugh that makes people stop and look but I coudln't help it.

He got me. That guy makes me laugh.

No comments: