Friday, August 12, 2011

Its NOT a Collection

When I was young, one day I decided I wanted to be a collector so I thought long and hard about what I wanted to collect. I decided to collect the first idea that popped into my head. Boxes.

I had grand ideas of how special my collection would be. Vast, unique, admired and I pictured how I'd display them. I had it all planned. I don't know how long that idea lasted but I eventually was over it and got rid of most of them.

As I was cleaning the other day, I happened to notice that I had gathered quite a few boxes. All these come from thrift shops and one from a garage sale. I buy them because I like something about them but I also buy them knowing that I'm going to use them. Pretty organization.


But I'm not "collecting" them. I just happen to have a few. The above one is my favorite. I keep all my recipes in it. Its busting at the seams and I need to re-write the recipe cards or transfer the recipe from an internet print out. Maybe this Winter when life slows down a bit.

I keep my poloroids in this box. Its more of a recipe box size but there's not enough room for my recipes. See above picture for reference.


I only have three tins but they're old and I really like them. They're pretty and I keep scissors and my crochet hook roll in the brown one. In the blue one I keep old tools.

My husband brought this one home from a garage sale a neighbor was having. It belonged to her mother who used it for her personal items when she traveled. It has simple brown paper inside and I like its simplicity. Made sturdy and made to be used.


I went through my drawers and found some boxes that I used to have in my "collection". When I used to be a collector....but I'm not a collector anymore.

No comments: