Sunday, October 17, 2010

So Behind

There is so much to do these days. 5 gallons of tomatoes dropped off at your house requires immediate attention. Lots of canning to do. When life gives you tomatoes, you get busy.
I was thinking about Autumn decorations but when I couldn't find them where I thought they'd be, it caused me to be a little obsessed with finding them. I couldn't think about anything until I could put my hands on them. Then the colors lured me in and I had to decorate. I have so much to do and I really don't have time for this but I'm weak and fun stuff is more important than cleaning or laundry or paying bills or going through stacks of paper that seem to multiply overnight.
Then of course there's the issue of staying on the Internet too long but again, I'm so weak and love to see what folks are doing or I'm lured in by the photo taking talent of so many. A good picture can make me so happy and motivate me to tackle projects. After seeing this post, I couldn't get the idea out of my mind. Too much of a distraction so I played again and made some items for my nieces baby shower in November. I have plenty of time to get ready but again its more fun to play.
My niece is having a boy and her nursery is all decorated in a woodland theme so it was easy to pick up on that and make cute onesies and a couple of bags. One was linen and the other is made out of flannel. I had this cute flannel with squirrels on it so it was a no brainer. Now I just need to get some diapers, wipes, a couple of fun items and put in a basket. I'm thinking a rectangular basket with a cloth lining and no handles for my gift. Now I need to get busy on the three birthday presents I am so late with and one more for my cousin who's having a birthday this month. I am so far behind. Peace.

No comments: